July 1, 2011

Drooling Over Doggie Muffins

Looking spiffy in our dollar store fashion accessories!
Very Prada of us don't you think?
We have been lost in summer! Isn't it great?! Part of me loves the whirlwind of activity and part of me just wishes it could slow down to savor it a bit. So what have we been up to? Well first off I finally stopped talking about it and started Rally. Big surprise is I enrolled both dogs and Kodee is surprisingly the star! More on that next week with photos and a video. 

We also took a mini vacation for a few days. Kodee was so excited. She is undoubtedly a Daddy's girl. She was not impressed though when we left her and Becky with my daughters while we went on a 2 day trip to Niagara Falls; one of the 7 Wonders of the World. Promise, if you give me a few more days and I will have photos up at Beyond the Dog Dish!
Sniff... Kodee is missing Daddy.

But that is not what your here for - you all want to know about the amazing Doggy Muffins I made to cheer Kodee up!

We discovered about  The Skyes the Limit a Canadian company through a friend. They make Canine Life pre-made muffins you can buy and use as a complete meal or the Pre-Mix you buy to make you own. Just add your own protein, veggies, fruit and omegas.
I opted for the Pre-Mix: Organic milled whole brown rice, organic whole oats, organic whole barley, calcium, carob, 100% pure alfalfa, Acadian sea kelp, oregano, marjoram, parsley, rosemary, ginger, garlic. 

Mix 5 cups of the pre-mix with your own choice of protein source (we used ground turkey), one green veggie (we opted for green beans) and one orange (rebel I am I used two; sweet potato and carrot). Throw in a whole apple and blueberries, organic safflower oil and mix with cranberry juice and water.
Yes I know what you are thinking - our dogs eat better than we do! It's the truth!


12 Comments:

Terrorzinhos said...

Happy Canada Day!
You girls look soooo cute!

Have a nice weekend!

houndstooth said...

That looks fantastic! I'm pretty sure the girls would love those. It's been a while since I made dog treats, but I'm thinking next week, after the chaos of planning the Fourth of July party, that I'll make one of their favorites.

Your summer sounds a lot more exciting than ours so far! lol Niagra Falls is beautiful!

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Happy Canada Day to you!
Summer has arrived and it is awsome!
love
tweedles

Kristin G. said...

Happy Canada Day to you! I hope you enjoyed your trip, and I hope the pups enjoyed their muffins. I bet they forgot all about the trip when these were served up. :)

Rouky said...

Happy Canada Day Debbie, Kodee and Becky!
What a great post!
LOVE the Prada look!
I cannot wait to know more about the Rallye.
And those muffins: they truly look delicious!!!

♥I am Holly♥ said...

Happy Canada Day!!!! Love your pictures very much!! Lots of love, Debbie & Holly

Amber-Mae said...

OH yummo! Those pup muffins took scrumptious! Happy Canada Day!

Pee/s: Thanks for becoming my new blog follower!

DawgBlogger said...

Oh, our dogs definitely eat better than we do, no question about it! LOL

Kathy (Your Holistic Dog) said...

I just love that photo of Kodee snuggled up to Daddy's shoe!

Debbie said...

Love the bandanas

Sammy the Cavalier said...

Is canada day like the fourth of july in the u.s.? Anyway, hope you have a good one!

Karen Friesecke said...

I do think that the pups "rocked" the dollar store bandanas :D The muffins look good, I should really bake up some goodies for Jersey, it's been quite awhile.

About Me

My photo
Loving life with family and friends while exploring my passions; writing and photography. All with my two, Cavalier King Charles Spaniels in tow on day-trips along the Greater Toronto Area waterfront trails and local communities.

Add Miss Kodee On FlickR

MissKodee. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

Bark'n About © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger. Adapted from www.templatelite.com Wordpress Themes

Go to TOP of page