June 12, 2010

Pinecone Tales

Miss Kodee has an OBSESSION with pinecones. And at times *insert rolls eyes* she displays tiny little guarding issues over them.

FINALLY one day we sat her down and hammered out an agreement. Miss Kodee graciously trades her pinecone(s) for a treat... OK maybe 2 treats... well if its a tasty pinecone we might have to bargin up to 5 treats. This is the deal; she gets the treat(s) and we promise to post a memento photo here. Oh dear, we did warn you she is a "Princess" [Read More...]

Note how Kodee carefully chews and then spits out the piece of pinecone! She has this down to a science.


Tastiness Rating: 10!
Tastiness Rating: 5
What this pinecone lacked in flavour it made of for in size!! Note in this photo we were crossing a bridge. Well, I don't like bridges. That means my people must carry me (and my pinecone) across. It's also why I am known as the "Ultimate Princess"

Tastiness Reading: 4
Cigar anyone?

Look who is following right in her footsteps... Good work training Miz Becky for me Miss Kodee. I know we discussed your assisting with Becky's training, but trust me, this is NOT what I had in mind <3 Mom




The Saturday Pet Blogger Hop

14 Comments:

Soggibottom said...

A very cute one though
Don't get them tangled in your ears. love Amie Soto Blossom x x x

The Daily Pip said...

Don't think I have ever tried a pine cone. I will have to give it a try. My favorite, non-food item, are paper towels. If one falls on the floor, I am there to pick it up and rip it to shreds!

Happy blog hop!

Your pal, Pip

Cavaliers Corner said...

Well Miss Kodee you certainly are VERY beautiful. Especially in that first photo. What a stunner you are. You go girl...enjoy those pine cones. Marley and Jasper love to shred the bark in our garden beds...sometimes they bring pieces in the house which Mummy doesn't like at all!

Soggibottom said...

You will have to make sure you have a pink brush to match the roses in your garden :-)

We have pink roses too :-)

cookies help with tangle, OR... try spray hair conditioner... never worked for me as I hated the smell, but you might like it. :-)

lots of love to one Cavalier to another... Amie soto blossom x x x

Rouky said...

Miss Kodee is so beautiful in the first picture! This obsession is something! It's like Rouky's obsession with paper tissues (new... and old. Yes, it's discusting...).
She's such a princess! Maybe she's not really afraid of bridges... She may just want to be spoiled!

Just kidding!

Yoda_the_Dog said...

Nice to meet you through the blog hop! You will have to come visit because I have tons of pinecones in my back yard. One question. I used to play with them too but found them to be unexpectedly prickly. You have any trouble with the prickly ones? Myself, I prefer just plain sticks. And, I pick a stick over a treat any day.

Beyond the Dog Dish said...

OH don't you know it! Definitely a little of A and little of B!

Traci said...

Miss Kodee is VERY smart, isn't she? And beautiful, too...but the princess already knows all this...

(;

Anonymous said...

Do not be surprised if you begin receiving care packages of pine cones from round the world!
Miss Taste Tester would be perfect for a challenge.

Unknown said...

Isn't it funny when dogs develop these little personal quirks and fetishes! :-)

Hsin-Yi

Shelley said...

I've been so busy running around w/ pieces of mulch in my mouth, it never occurred to me to get a pine cone....hmmmm!
You sure are pretty!!
Berner Bumps,
Scout

MWebster said...

*lol* Loved reading about Miss Kodee and her pine cones. She is so beautiful and the photos are lovely.
Our little man Keani has a fondness for things like grass bits and other odds and ends. He doesn't eat them. He just likes having them in his mouth, and then he'll stand still and wait for Mommy to pull all the stuff out of his jaws. *Sighs*

Road Dog Tales said...

Kayla loves pinecones, too! She uses them to clean her teeth. She has very clean teeth! Bet you do, too!
The Road Dogs

Miley said...

Very cute there Kodde. :)
Pinecones are fun!

Cuddles and licks,
Love Miley xxx

About Me

My photo
Loving life with family and friends while exploring my passions; writing and photography. All with my two, Cavalier King Charles Spaniels in tow on day-trips along the Greater Toronto Area waterfront trails and local communities.

Add Miss Kodee On FlickR

MissKodee. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

Bark'n About © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger. Adapted from www.templatelite.com Wordpress Themes

Go to TOP of page